Illinois Technology Conference for Educators

This is the official blog of the 2007 Illinois Technology Conference for Educators to be held March 1 and 2 at the Pheasant Run Conference Center. To post to this blog, please e-mail Luke Allen requesting to be added to the IL-TCE 2007 blog.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

thoughts from me about ILTCE07

This year, I presented a full day pre-conference session on Technology connections in Literacy*, attended Karen Thompson's Digital Tools Wednesday session (I am a return attendee to her sessions from past years) and spent Friday at the General Conference day. I was able to see the conference from many different sides. I am not trying to score any brownie points here with Brian (he is my ed tech director), but I honestly have to say that from every aspect - tech support, organization, content - the conference was first rate. Many hours of hard work went into the planning and implementation of this week and it showed. Kudos to all on the committee...

I hope that this blog keeps up as well as the flickr photo group, too. I would like to see educational technology in the classroom photos posted too! Thanks Luke for explaining how to group my photos...there is no stopping me now!

I joked with Brian and the other Technology Facilitators in my district that I planned on parking myself at the Apple Booth all day on Friday. I had found out the topics of hands-on sessions on Wednesday from Karen and knew that is where I wanted to be. (I was not able to attend Thursday, it was my son's 13th birthday (eeek) and I wanted to be available for the family, so I unfortunately missed Thursday's Apple Booth.) I not only was introduced to many new tools that I can share with my staff and use for my own professional development, I also met new tech friends, caught up with some that I have not seen in a while, and left this day feeling refreshed. So refreshed, I went home and registered for NECC! How I will pay for it, get to Atlanta, is another blog entry all together!

As a Technology Facilitator, I can understand my role in educational technology as one of coach, too, as Darlene blogged earlier. It is important that I am dedicated to my staff and students in providing opportunities for educational, meaningful, and curriculum based technology experiences. This conference and my membership in ICE & ISTE allows me to do that. I have made a late, but worthy New Year's resolution to get more involved in these powerful organizations.

My hope for all attendees, presenters, exhibitors...realize the impact you make in Educational Technology and keep your motor's running...

-Tracy
*My pre-conference session website: http://www.glenview34.org/ly/konnectedkidshome.html

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home