Illinois Technology Conference for Educators

This is the official blog of the 2007 Illinois Technology Conference for Educators to be held March 1 and 2 at the Pheasant Run Conference Center. To post to this blog, please e-mail Luke Allen requesting to be added to the IL-TCE 2007 blog.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

An Education in Jokes - Pogue's Posts - Technology - New York Times Blog

An Education in Jokes - Pogue's Posts - Technology - New York Times Blog

Check out David Pogue's blog posting for today. I'm glad we teachers could learn him a thing or two. :) I am particularly inspired by comment #7 on his blog. The commentator clearly wasn't around IL-TCE last week to see the wonderful things that were going on!

Interestingly enough, we also had another PBKC moment in Pogue's digital photography workshop last Wednesday. David needed speakers so that we could adequately hear the audio on a video clip from his upcoming T.V. show. Being the geek that I am, I offered him my brand-new mini speakers that I had received from a recent Google workshop. I hadn't even tried them out myself. Much to my chagrin, these speakers appeared to not function, but a red shirted tech guy came to our rescue with "real" speakers. Back at my seat, I played with my new toy only to find that I needed to press the big button in the center of the device to turn it on. Oops. I was too embarrassed to point this out to an expert like David. A roomful of somewhat techie people and pressing the ON button eluded us!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home